Monday, September 16, 2013

"Everything's a Dollar!":Dollar Tree Beauty Finds!

Hello makeup lovers! I know it has been months since I have posted on here, but I came across a few goodies at my local Dollar Tree this week and thought I'd post mini reviews on all of the products! I definitely had some hits, a couple minor misses, and as always, lots of fun shopping for my one true love: makeup! Enjoy, and keep checking back for more beauty-related posts! XO Maddie

NYC All Day Long Smooth Skin Foundation in 737 Classic Ivory
To start off, I spotted a couple foundations. I used to really love my NYC liquid foundation many moons ago, so for $1, I thought I'd try this one out! The pump was really what sold me. I am a sucker for a product with a pump. I believe it makes the whole getting ready process a bit quicker and easier. The same as my previous encounter with this product, I was very pleased with the coverage and staying power. I applied the foundation with a damp blending sponge, and it truly gave me a flawless finish. I would say the coverage is medium but build-able! I was able to cover up a few discolored spots and acne marks simply by adding a second layer of the foundation. I give this product a definite thumbs up! :)

L.A. Colors Liquid Makeup in True Beige
When I mentioned a few minor misses in my intro, this product was one to which I was referring. The lighting in the store made this foundation look a bit lighter than it actually appeared on my skin. I tried to pick the lightest shade from the limited selection, but it just was not light enough for my pale, pale face. The color was not the only issue I had with this particular product, though. I was not a huge fan of the way this makeup went on with a sponge or a brush. It came off a bit streaky and blotchy in places. I wouldn't recommend it. :(

L.A. Colors Concealer in Nude
Though this product was a hint lighter than the foundation i purchased from this line, it was still too dark for my skin tone. I really did enjoy the texture and coverage, though, so I decided to use it for another task. This product made a pretty great eyeshadow primer. I used it today under some green, gold, and brown shadows, and my makeup lasted for hours!! Not only did the concealer neutralize any discoloration on my eyelids, it was tacky enough to give my shadows something to cling to. Even though, I did not end up using this as a concealer, with a little creativity, I will be able to get some use out of it for sure!

L.A. Colors Pressed Powder in Nude
Because I had already picked out two other face products from the L.A. Colors brand, I decided to grad a pressed powder in the lightest shade I could find. I'm really glad I did, too! This powder is not only great for setting liquid products and mattifying the face, but it has a decent amount of color pay off as well. I'm very pleased with this purchase and will definitely be adding this product to my daily foundation routine!

Elf Liquid Eyeliner in Black
I have raved about this product not only on this blog, but also on my YouTube channel. (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMadelineClaire) This liquid liner is simply the best, no further comments necessary. :)

L.A. Colors Mascara
I'm not sure if you can tell, but this mascara tube is about the length of my middle finger. This is what initially drew me to the product, the fact that it was so compact and could easily be thrown into my bag at any moment. The brush on this mascara is equally small, which really made me happy! I have been searching for the perfect bottom lash mascara, and I believe I have finally come across it! The brush is small but packed with dense bristles and the mascara is the perfect mix of a wet and dry formula. Who knew the Dollar Tree would carry exactly what I have been looking for?!

Elf Matte Lip Color in Natural
Believe it or not, I have never tried out a single Elf lip product! Crazy, right?? I was pleasantly surprised to see that this particular Dollar Tree had a selection of Elf products.Most, I either was not interested in or already owned, but this matte lipstick caught my eye. I am a big fan of twist-up lip colors in all forms: balm, stain, gloss, etc. I feel like this shade is the absolute perfect nude! It has a slightly pink undertone, but for the most part, blended in with the natural color of my lips. As the photo shows, this product has no gloss or shine to it at all. Completely matte is completely fine with this girl!

L.A. Colors Lip Gloss & Lipstick Duo in Charmed
This right here may be my favorite Dollar Store find of all! First off, look at the genius packaging! Full size lipstick and gloss in one simple tube! I love these two products used together to create a shimmery pink lip, but don't think they have to be used together. These two lip products could definitely stand alone to create their own distinct looks as well. The lipstick is vibrant and creamy while the gloss catches the light so amazingly! Super travel-friendly too. ;)

NYC Liquid Lip Shine in Wine n Dine
Super pretty deep gloss. I love the fact that there are no sparkles or shimmer in this formula. This gloss is completely rick and saturated with color, as every dark wine color should be! Love it, nothing left to add. :)

Milani HD Advance Lip Color in Ignition

              I have very limited knowledge of Milani makeup products beyond what I see on YouTube. I jumped at the chance to try a lipstick with such a fun name and color. Thought in the tube, this twist-up lip color looks very bright and a bit scary, the color is more sheer when swatched. It actually has more of a watermelon tint to it than red, but still a very pretty color! Can't wait to pair it with a ton of fall makeup looks! 

Thanks so much for reading! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment